Multithread access to DBus API

Stéphane Letz letz at grame.fr
Thu Jun 25 06:47:28 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm rewriting some code that was calling "dbus_bus_request_name" kind
of function then finally  "dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch"  to
handle incoming messages in a same thread. Now I need to call
"dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch"  in a separated thread and
"dbus_bus_request_name" in the main thread. This does not work at all.

What would be the proper way to do that? Is there any lower-level
message handle API to be used instead of
"dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch"? What about multithread access
to the DBus API?

Thanks

Stephane Letz