Performance of method calls in D-Bus GLib

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu May 14 12:27:06 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Abhijeet Kumar Sinha
<abhijeet.aks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Earlier I tried using the low level bindings of dbus api to listen for
> signals. The dbus signal listener used to miss out some signals. It used the
> following snippet

Do you have a good reason not to use the mainloop? You can use the low
level dbus api to your hearts content, as long as you call

dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main

and add your handers with:

dbus_connection_add_filter

This way, you can basically avoid the "thick" source level dependency
on dbus-glib while still using the properly supported (and fast!) way
of using dbus. Of course you'll be linking on dbus-glib, but that's
going to be available anyway.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio