Why can't I send signals to dbus?

Luna Luan luanying at huawei.com
Mon Sep 7 20:14:40 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm trying to send signals to dbus,here are what i've done:

input command in a terminal:
#dbus-monitor --system>/root/Desktop/dbusMsg.txt &

#dbus-send --system --type=signal --dest=org.freedesktop.Hal
/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager.DeviceAdded

then check the txt file,i find that each time a send a DeviceAdded signal,i
only got two "NameOwnerChanged" signals, why can't i find the
"DeviceAdded"(or other my customized signals) signal i sent??

anyone pls give me some instructions!!
many thanks!!

Luna