Issue with dbus configure script

Manikandan Palanimuthu manikandan.palanimuthu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:46:37 PDT 2009

Hello All,

I am trying to cross compile dbus for ARM platform. I am using the following
configure option

./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi

checking for XML_ParserCreate_MM in -lexpat... no
configure: error: Could not find expat.h, check config.log for failed
attempts

I downloaded the expat source and got it cross-compiled. How do i specify
dbus configure to use the cross-compiled directory for expat?

I tried the following configure script, it doesn't work

./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnu --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi
--with-xml=/home/mani/temproot/

Thanks,
Mani