Get object list in python

Andy Barry astro9672 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 17 14:01:46 PDT 2009

Hello,
I'm writing a python application that utilizes NetworkManager's dbus api to get the signal strengths of all surrounding wireless access points.  Network manager presents this information in a number of different objects all with the path:

/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/###

ie

/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/23
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/24
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint/25
etc.

Once I know the numbers, I am able to get all of my data with little trouble.  However, I can't figure out how to get a list of the available objects -- I tried Introspection but running an introspection call on /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/AccessPoint did not return anything (I know the call was correct because it worked with other paths).

What's the best way to do this?  There's got to be something better than traversing 1-1000 and throwing out errors!

Thanks,

Andy