dbus remaining windows port issues was Re: moving file descriptor passing into a header

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 21 15:23:36 PDT 2010

On 04/21/2010 11:06 AM, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Colin Walters schrieb:
> <snip>
>> As part of doing this, can someone working on the Windows stuff give
>> me the 1,000 meter overview of where we are on that port with regards
>> to trying to make a real release of the 1.4 tree?
>>
> dbus-daemon and library is usable for the KDE on windows distribution.
>
> There are still issues with the the test suite. A few has been already
> fixed, the other need to be fixed.

There are also some issues with building various configurations with/without
tests enabled, with/without asserts, with/without checks.  For example, under
autoconf, in the default configuration _dbus_atomic_lock etc are not defined
but used.  In cmake configurations there are other issues.

I have not investigated in detail yet, but it is certainly something that
should be fixed before a release (that claims to work on Windows).  It's on my
agenda.

Thanks,
Marcus