dbus remaining windows port issues was Re: moving file descriptor passing into a header

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Apr 22 14:19:23 PDT 2010

On 04/22/2010 07:45 AM, Ralf Habacker wrote:
>> There are also some issues with building various configurations
>> with/without
>> tests enabled, with/without asserts, with/without checks.  For
>> example, under
>> autoconf, in the default configuration _dbus_atomic_lock etc are not
>> defined
>> but used.
> This bug has been reported yesterday by Fridrich and is already fixed.
>> In cmake configurations there are other issues.
>>
>> I have not investigated in detail yet, but it is certainly something that
>> should be fixed before a release (that claims to work on Windows).
>> It's on my
>> agenda.
>>
> Can you give an estimatation about when this will be fixed ?

It's fixed by the Fridrich-related changes already, sweet!

I think that the following patch I attached to #27110 should also be applied
(although apparently it does not break cmake builds, I wonder why):
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=35206

I don't know about any other issues relevant for a release.  There may be some
unknown issues but we are only going to find out when we put dbus-daemon to
real use on Windows CE, which is a couple of months away.

Thanks,
Marcus