max_outgoing_bytes: What if a D-Bus peer is too slow to read?

Alban Crequy alban.crequy at collabora.co.uk
Mon Dec 6 04:16:11 PST 2010

Le Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:46:03 -0500,
Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> a écrit :

> So...where did we leave this discussion?  Is any kind of kernel
> assistance for dbus feasible?

I am working on Unix sockets in Linux to add multicast and filtering
features:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/LKML/list/?submitter=12092&state=*&archive=both
http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg147628.html

I received some feedback on the kernel mailing list and I am improving
my patches.

I also have some shaky patches on libdbus to use multicast Unix
sockets and socket filters. There is no D-Bus activation and a lot of
open questions but I can start a GNOME session, some basic D-Bus tests
on it and dbus-monitor.

Alban