dbus 1.2.18

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue Feb 2 08:05:37 PST 2010

A new release of dbus is available.

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.2.18.tar.gz

The focus of the 1.2 stream remains mainly reliability fixes, while
win32 porting and feature work is on 1.3, scheduled for 1.4 stable.

I did put in Will's changes for nicer dbus-monitor output for byte
arrays though.  Note that the "switch to libcap-ng" patch should have
been attributed to Steve Grubb <sgrubb at redhat.com>, but I screwed up
the --author.

Git shortlog:

Aurelien Jarno (1):
      Bug 19432 followup - Fix Debian/FreeBSD CMSGCRED compilation

Brian Cameron (1):
      Bug 22788 - Fix detection of getpwnam_r on Solaris

Colin Walters (11):
      Bug 22805 - Fix build with -Wl,--as-needed
      Ignore exit code zero from activated services
      Add Will Thompson and Simon McVittie to reviewers, add emails to all
      Switch to libcap-ng, avoid linking libdbus against libcap[-ng]
      Don't drop pending activations when reloading configuration
      [doc] diagram.[svg,png] to EXTRA_DIST
      Update messagebus.in init script to start earlier
      Clean up inotify watch handling
      Move system-activation.txt into non-conditional EXTRA_DIST
      Don't crash when reloading if we haven't loaded user database yet
      Release 1.2.18

Colin Watson (1):
      Fix link order: system libraries should come after libdbus-convenience

Hendrik Buschmeier (1):
      Bug 23502 - corrected wrong verbose-output

James Westby (1):
      Correct timeout handling

Lennart Poettering (1):
      dbus-monitor: use unbuffered stdout instead of handling SIGINT

Matthias Clasen (1):
      Bug 25697 - Fix memory leak in policy reload

Sascha Silbe (1):
      Bug 23977 - dbus-launch --exit-with-session not killing
dbus-daemon on SIGINT

Thiago Macieira (1):
      Update the HACKING file to contain instructions on how we develop with Git

Tom Hughes (1):
      Use monotonic clock for _dbus_get_current_time() if it's available.

Will Thompson (6):
      Make array-printing code easier to follow
      Forbid zero serial numbers
      Include reason when reporting corrupt messages
      Add an accessor for the loader's corruption reason
      Print byte arrays as nicely-formatted hex.
      Print all-printable-ASCII byte arrays as strings