Cmake update patch for dbus master

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 00:48:09 PST 2010

Romain Pokrzywka schrieb:
>> Because this feature is configurable on configure time i would not
>> remove it - peoples build chain may depends on this feature.
>
> I understand. But let met argue with that : it's only a change on windows, only for 1.3.x, and it may only affect
> packagers (which is only emerge afaik) and a few others who use dbus-daemond.exe explicitely. The basic developer who
> just wants his single build won't even notice the change. Plus dbus 1.3.x is not an official stable release, so there's
> nothing really preventing us to do it. So why not take the opportunity to make that change now while it's still not a
> big decision ? I can even take care of adjusting the emerge packages if that helps ;)
>
> Again, I really think this option doesn't make sense, and even so, its default value triggers the wrong behavior, ie. by
> default people get the d postfix for the executables when they don't specify otherwise. IMHO at the very least this
> should be the other way around, that people explicitely have to enable it to get the debug postfixes on the executables.
>
> You could argue that it's only a matter of naming so why bother, but unfortunately it's not: there are places where you
> do start dbus-daemon from the code, like dbus-launcher, and we have similar code in KDE as well. I guess you see the
> problem: all of a sudden you have to check if dbus-daemon.exe exists, and if not try dbus-daemond.exe... This is a real
> can of worms, bound to be breaking as soon as somebody adds such code, and for no real benefit in the end.
>
> I hope that'll convince you to change you mind ;)

The whole thing was added because Saro wanted to have two running kde
instances on his system. A release and a debug one. This isn't possible
with only one dbus-daemon.
I really wonder whats wrong with the name dbus-daemond.exe. It worked
since nearly one year and nobody every complained about it... no user
will ever see a dbus-daemond.exe and the devs are able to have two
running kde instances on windows.

But feel free to do what you want - kdab did it the last years so it
doesn't matter anyway.

Christian