Java generic signal handler

Matthew Johnson dbus at matthew.ath.cx
Thu Feb 11 00:19:43 PST 2010

On Wed Feb 10 15:45, minimulisha03 wrote:
> So what your saying is there is pretty much no way to do this?
>
> Matthew Johnson-3 wrote:
> > In that case you may wish to use the low-level API[0] which does not
> > provide an
> > object mapping, but you can't use that as you don't know in advance what
> > the
> > objects are going to be.
> > 0.
> > http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-java/dbus-java/dbus-javase13.html#x38-4100013

Sorry, that was very badly phrased of me.

You can't use the object mapping in the high-level bindings, since you don't
know what the objects are in advance, therefore there isn't much to be gained
by using the high-level bindings over the low-level ones. If you use the
low-level bindings then  you can inspect every received signal.

Matt

--
www.matthew.ath.cx
D-Bus Java