D-bus application compilation problem-serious.

Mukesh Savaliya Mukesh.Savaliya at MatrixComSec.com
Wed Jun 23 06:18:56 PDT 2010

Hi,

 I am using dbus-1.0 and glib-2.0 ion my Opensuse-10.3 linux base PC. I am
also running a qt-4.6.2 GUI application on my PC.

I have written small dbus application and trying to compile. There is
nothing more than making the connection through DBusConnection

And acquiring the services by dbus_bus_acquire_service().

I Can communicate between two GUI application of QT, but cant between GUI
and non GUI.

But,when I compile it with gcc-4.2.0 ,with all compilation options of -libs
-glib-2.0 -dbus-1.0 etc. I am always getting some error

Related to any library functions. Like undefined refrence to
dbus_bus_acquire_service() or dbus_g_proxy_for_new_service.

Can someone please guide me about this problem.

Kindly let me know the basic tools and packages required on both sides ,so
that my work doesn't gets stucked as of now.

With Regards,

Mukesh.