[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.3.1

Lennart Poettering mzqohf at 0pointer.de
Wed Jun 23 08:15:37 PDT 2010

Heya,

so here we go, a new release of D-Bus:

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.3.1.tar.gz

$ sha256sum dbus-1.3.1.tar.gz
f58de339c9b1fbea4c9acf555742650443bea5a8851268ca254bcb86bbbf5768  dbus-1.3.1.tar.gz

This is mostly to get the ball rolling again. That I did this release
does not mean I will now maintain D-Bus or so. I am just rolling one
release, that is all. (Well, and I plan to roll 1.4.0 based on this in a
month or so, because I want to really see this in stable distributions.)

I will upload this to rawhide shortly, and would like to ask the other
distributors to do the same for their development distributions so that
we get the testing we need for a stable 1.4.0 release.

This is an unstable release, so the usual rules apply, i.e. the API
might still change, yadda yadda, especially in the unix fd passing
area. However, at least how I read the recent discussions on this ML
public opionion now leans more towards keeping the current APIs
regarding this around.