Problem with property multivalue

stefano ligabue ste at eubagil.it
Thu Jun 24 01:02:08 PDT 2010

hello,

	i want to build a simple script to resize a window of konqueror using the
dbus protocol. Normally use the python interface, but the problem is most
general because this operation it is impossible for me also if use qdbusviewer
and is to complex for me if use dbus-send.

If i use the python interface to set a property with only a value (example:
'minimumWidth') all is ok with this code

theObject = dbus.SessionBus().getObject('org.kde.konqueror-4561',
'/konqueror/MainWindow_1')
theInterface = (theObject, dbus_interface='org.freedesktop.DBUS.Properties')
theInterface.Set('com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget', 'minimumWidth', 298)

If i check with qdbusviewer, the value of property 'minimumWidth' change
correctly.

Try the same operation with 'geometry' property that accept a parameter
'(iiii)' and receive the exception
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs
maybe because i don't know how format the correct parameter.
The same response i have if use as parameter the answer of the same Get
operation:
theInterface.Set('com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget', 'geometry',
theInterface.Get('com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget', 'geometry'))

If this list is not for the python interface, for me is a big help also a
solution for change the 'geometry' property using dbus-send

thank
  ste