My called qt- function from dbus-glib application is not running.

Mukesh Savaliya Mukesh.Savaliya at MatrixComSec.com
Tue Jun 29 21:11:35 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I have written simple code in this way:

DbusGConnection *connection;

DbusGProxy *proxy= dbus_g_proxy_new_for_peer (connection,
DBUS_PATH_DBUS,DBUS_INTERFACE_DBUS);

  DbusGProxyCall *proxycall= dbus_g_proxy_begin_call (proxy, "playvideo",
NULL, NULL, G_TYPE_INVALID, G_TYPE_INVALID);

 I am not getting any type of error . I have examined  with the dbus-monitor
- -session-bus  also. And it shows that, both sender and dest have same Path
and  interface. But only the problem is that It is not entering into the
playvideo() of qt gui application.

I can communicate two qt application using dbus by
interface.call(QDBus::block, "playvideo"); and it runs very fine. With
playvideo() as public slots or Q_SLOTS.

Please, guide me on this.

With Regards,

Mukesh Savaliya.