Sander Jansen s.jansen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 08:33:10 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Sander Jansen <s.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've integrated dbus on my FOX based application
> (www.fox-toolkit.org). I've got a question regarding the proper way of
> handling timeouts. Suppose a timeout has been set, and the timer
> events gets fired. In my callback I call:
> {
> dbus_timeout_handle(timeout);
> }
> 1) is the timeout object still valid after calling
> dbus_timeout_handle(). In FOX I need register the timer again after it
> gets fired. ?
> 2) can the add/remove/toggle timeout callbacks be called from within
> dbus_timeout_handle?
> The reason I'm asking is because I'm trying to find the cause of a
> crash when calling dbus_timeout_handle.

After some investigation of my own, it seems that calling
dbus_timeout_handle() can and will invoke the add/remove/toggle
callbacks and hence the DBusTimeout object may not be valid after
calling dbus_timeout_handle(). In my case the remove callback was the
last call.

Perhaps this could be made clearer in the documentation?