Dbus and embedded arm

Edmondo Porcu edmondo.porcu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:28:31 PST 2010

Dear all,
I had succesfully used DBUS under kubuntu on my laptop to develop a qt
application who handle the hotplug of a usb device.

When I cross-compile it and i bring it on my system-on-chip, I can't connect
to the system bus.

I had actually installed hal and dbus, and the daemon correctly starts when
I start the SOM. However,
when I try to connect:

dbusConn=new QDBusConnection(QDBusConnection::systemBus());
    qDebug(qPrintable("baseService of the bus" + dbusConn->baseService()));
    QStringList registeredServices =
dbusConn->interface()->registeredServiceNames();
    for(int k=0;k<registeredServices.length();k++){
        qDebug(qPrintable(registeredServices.at(k)));
    }

I have a bus with no baseService and no registered service, which means I am
not able to connect to the dbus.
Do you have any clue?
Best Regards
Edmondo Porcu