PropertiesChanged signal

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri May 7 10:10:40 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:06 PM, David Zeuthen <zeuthen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Many people have asked for a generic mechanism to convey that one or
> more properties has changed on an object so they don't have to roll
> their own signals for this. Attached is a spec patch to define such a
> mechanism. Some notes
>
>  - this new signal is optional

This is a key part - so concretely, we don't plan to patch dbus-glib
to always emit this.  If someone wanted to make a patch for dbus-glib
(or other bindings) which added an optional flag to do so, we might
consider that, but honestly I think this kind of time is better spent
porting things to gdbus.

So I think this spec update makes sense.