D-Bus spec issue (Was Re: Windows DBus shared memory name depends on _DEBUG?)

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Mon Nov 1 04:13:34 PDT 2010

Am 28.09.2010 16:16, schrieb David Zeuthen:

I'm coming back to this spec update.

It required some time to evaluate a usable docbook editor on windows. I
tried first to use the docbook extension from openoffice 3.1, which I
would prefer, but it fails in several areas:

1. dbus xml  uses a hand made indention - openoffice complete refactor
this indention
2. dbus xml para tags are wrapped around after about 80 characters -
openoffice writes a complete para tags in one line, which would produces
a huge spec formatting change
3. openoffice creates wrong content for itemizedlist in section
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#auth-states

Anywhere, I digged more into this stuff and recognized that the
autolaunch stuff seems to be unrelated to the X Window selection stuff,
because on windows autolaunch is implemented in the dbus library, while
the X windows selection stuff is implemented in the dbus-launch tool.

windows:
client opens connection  --> [libdbus] if session-bus-address =
autolaunch ----> [libdbus] contact server through shared memory ----->
[libdbus] run dbus-launch --session if no daemon found ---> [libdbus]
connect to server

unx (as far as I understand)
     login runs "dbus-launch --autolaunch" ----> check session bus
address in X11 window -----> if no dbus deamon found, fork dbus-daemon