[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.4.0

Romain Pokrzywka romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
Wed Sep 8 01:14:33 PDT 2010

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 01:17:26 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Tue, 07.09.10 20:59, Ralf Habacker (ralf.habacker at freenet.de) wrote:
> > Lennart Poettering schrieb:
> > >Heya,
> > >
> > >Yesterday I released the long awaited D-Bus 1.4.0 into the wild:
> > >
> > >http://dbus.freedesktop.org/releases/dbus/dbus-1.4.0.tar.gz
> > >
> > >Changes from 1.3.1 are mostly a hookup to systemd, various bug fixes to
> > >the Windows support, and other bug fixes.
> >
> > Thanks for this release. Unfortunally in the archive there is the
> > cmake subdirectory missing.
>
> Well, I am unable to test or fix cmake. In fact I don't event think it
> is a particularly good idea to ship both build systems in the same
> package, and I fear if you care about it you must make sure it works
> correctly, since I cannot do that.
>
> As mentioned I am planning to roll 1.4.1 relatively soon, so make sure
> to get your fixes into the git tree soon.
>
> Lennart

Well there are no fixes to commit, as it works just fine. We're using the cmake build system on a daily basis for KDE
and other projects both on windows and linux, it _is_ stable so please stop excluding it from packages.

If you have to exclude one build system then drop the autotools one :P (that's the least portable one anyway)

--
Romain Pokrzywka | romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com | Certified Qt Software Engineer & Trainer