[ANNOUNCE] D-Bus 1.4.0

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Sep 14 16:45:03 PDT 2010

On Tuesday 14. September 2010 18.03.08 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 09.09.10 09:00, Ralf Habacker (ralf.habacker at freenet.de) wrote:
> > a further look shows that in
> > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/commit/?id=8a9880ffd2b81df38bb0e34
> > 92bda7a9636ac0280 the dbus-watch api has been refactored in a way that
> > bus_watch_directory () has been replaced by bus_set_watched_dirs(),
> > but the dnotify implementation hasn't been refactered too.
>
> I would vote for simply removing it, and stop pretending we actually
> supported this. Do we care for kernels older than 2.6.13, i.e. pre-2005?

I would say no. We probably care more for the latest 2.4 (whatever that is,
and even then it's a stretch) than for an old 2.6.

But you're in a better position than most of us to say what is still relevant.
What kernels does RHEL supported versions deal with?

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358