Newbie question: dbus_bus_get() and dbus_error_is_set()

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Thu Apr 7 13:14:19 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
> Ah, I see.  Basically we don't have 100% mirroring of the libdbus
> preconditions in dbus-glib; I think I remember this coming up before.
> But I wasn't asking for it to be reverted - rather I think it could
> make sense as the default, given it matches GLib.

It's intended to be a fix for glib having it wrong. There are a pile
o' old threads on this for sure. Not a new issue. I knew the debian
stuff was patched, there's some long bug discussion in the debian bug
tracker iirc, where someone is wrong on the internet.

The abort would have been better in this case, because no question
about DBusError would have come up. It would have just been clear, the
program is buggy, fix it.

Anyway if you change this behavior it'll just go in more circles, it's
a bikeshed issue that's been beaten to death, imo. No point changing
it every 3 years.