Correct interface for PropertiesChanged signal

David Zeuthen zeuthen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 15:11:57 PDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> I haven't checked, but I'd say that the problem is that wpa_supplicant
> is raising the signal on the fi.w1.wpa_supplicant1.Interface
> interface, but GDBusProxy is only monitoring for PropertiesChanged on
> org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.
>
> Is this a wpa_supplicant bug, or is the gio code wrong?

It's a wpa_supplicant bug - prior to standardizing on the signal on
org.fd.DBus.Properties, which is described here:

http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#standard-interfaces-properties

a number of applications, including NetworkManager and, I guess,
wpa_supplicant, simply rolled their own signals.

Since you mentioned using GDBusProxy note that you can simply hook
into into any proprietary PropertiesChanged signal yourself (using the
:g-signal GLib signal) and use the g_dbus_proxy_set_cached_property()
method

 http://developer.gnome.org/gio/unstable/GDBusProxy.html#g-dbus-proxy-set-cached-property

in the signal handler to update the property locally.

    David