How to debug dbus access issues?

tomw tomw at ubilix.com
Tue Aug 23 03:43:12 PDT 2011

ok, digging a bit deeper dbus-send was of some help to figure out
whether the method calls work and whether they return the expected
values. So far it works as it should. The underlying problem however
still exists and it seems that it is coming from the python
implementation, for which I don't have an explanation right now:

Python and SessionBus   - works
dbus-send and SystemBus - works
Python and SystemBus    - does not work:

Aug 23 13:23:06 localhost dbus-daemon: [system] Rejected send message, 5
matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.67" (uid=500 pid=1818
comm="python) interface="(unset)" member="GetDeviceUUID" error
name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination=":1.66" (uid=500 pid=1808
comm="python))

I can call any methods directly from dbus-send, if the methods are
called from Python it fails.

Does anyone have any clue where this may come from?

Thanks,

--
tomw <tomw at ubilix.com>