Needed help in Asynchronous DBus method call using low level APIs

kuladeep chowdary kuladeep.chowdary at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 07:32:54 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am new to DBus IPC. I am trying to call a method in server, from client
and getting reply asynchronously, using *dbus_pending_call_set_notify( ) *API..
But i am failing to get it done. i am testing even for pending call is NULL
or not.. but still i am unable to get it.. i suspect before server sends
reply, client process is exiting. But i think internally there will be
thread running to get the reply message asynchronously, but its not
happening. I am bit confused.. :( I am attaching the code(both server.c and
client.c). Please help to sort out this issue. some sample code will be very
much help full..

Thank you all...
Kuladeep.R