Python dbus port for python3.x

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Dec 1 11:54:36 PST 2011

On Dec 01, 2011, at 02:05 PM, Gaurav Sood wrote:

>Has python dbus has been ported to python 3.x. If not are there any plans
>to do it in near future.

Yes, I'm working on one.  See my comments in the bug Simon points to for
details.  I'm hopeful that I can produce a set of diffs that will be
acceptable to Simon, and if so I'll accept responsibility for helping to
maintain it.

My goal is to support Python 2.6 and 2.7 fully backward compatible, and Python
3.2 as backward compatible as possible, giving the language differences.

Cheers,
-Barry