dbus as the IPC sync method

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Tue Dec 27 01:20:12 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-27 at 10:04 +0800, yinxb wrote:
>      Actually,I am using the lxc(new PID/IPC namespace) for
> isolation,and is required to execute as root(imexplicity calls
> clone()).When I execute
>      root at yinxb:/home/yinxb/Downloads/dbus_test/dbus-example2#
> ./dbus-example receive,
> and unluckly gets the following message:
> ----------
> Connection Error (Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include:
> the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security
> policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
> connection was broken.)

If I didn't miss anything, this "Connection Error" is printed only when
dbus_bus_get() fails. So, something goes wrong when connecting to the
session bus. Is it running?

I don't know what the exact problem is here, but is the session bus
really the bus that you'll want to use anyway? If you're going to use
the receiver's session bus as the shared bus, I'm pretty sure you'll
need to do some configuration changes to allow other processes from
other containers to connect to it. Maybe it would be better to start a
dedicated bus for this inter-container communication?

--
Tanu