Conecting to D-Bus daemon over the network

Pavel Strashkin pavel.strashkin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 23:09:20 PST 2011

Hi Bogdan,

Yes, you can use dbus over TCP/IP. I use it in this way within long
time for local and remote connections. Everything works fine.
1. Could you please show the full content of test.conf file?
2. When you try to connect  to dbus, what do you see? What the errors?
What the connection string do you use?

P.S. Simon, do you see that? One more guy want to use dbus over
TCP/IP! ;) Don't ask why. We really need it and i hope you'll change
your priorities for unix/tcp as 100%/0% to something like 80%/20% :)