tutorial for Windows

Vincent Torri vincent.torri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 10:07:40 PST 2011

Hey,

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Romain Pokrzywka <romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
> wrote:

> Hi Vincent,
>
> If you just want to make sure the bus starts up correctly, you can open a
> console and go to the bin folder where dbus
> was build, then try running:

they are in my PATH.

> dbus-daemon.exe --session

done

> which starts up the bus, then :
>
> dbus-monitor
>
> It should print out some info, that means your bus is up and running, and
> ready to register services objects.

actually, no. I have:

$ dbus-monitor.exe
Failed to open connection to session bus: Failed to get autolaunch address
from launched dbus-daemon

in the Task manager, I see one dbus-daemon launch by dbus-daemon.exe
--session. Then when i launch bus-monitor.exe, I see 2 others
dbus-daemon.exe processes, one terminated almost immediatly (so it remains 2
dbus-daemon.exe processes running).

That's all I can say.

Vincent