"DBus Embedded" - a clean break

Havoc Pennington hp at pobox.com
Thu Jan 20 09:50:40 PST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Simon McVittie
<simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> One performance-related thing that I'm working towards is trying out optional
> Linux epoll support for 1.5, as a way to stop the main loop being O(n) in
> number of active sockets. This requires considerable main-loop refactoring,
> but I'm getting there...

You might try using libev, which is very fast, and just one file
designed to be "sucked in" (copy-pasted) into other projects. In fact
part of its API is to do #defines that change the ABI, so that's the
only way to use it.

Anyway libev is very fast/small and would just replace the current
mainloop thingy for dbus-daemon. It supports epoll and also weirder
stuff on various platforms.