Pluggable auth modules

Pavel Strashkin pavel.strashkin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:02:54 PDT 2011

2011/6/1 Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>:
> I think that libdbus-1 should only concern itself with the marshalling and
> demarshalling, with maybe a file-descriptor based implementation. Any fancier
> kind of transport, including SSL-based ones, should be implemented by an upper
> layer. For that reason, authentication should also be provided by the upper
> layer.

That's a good point, but the actual situation is a different and it
dictates the rules: authentication is a part of libdbus (and dbus
specification)
and i'm not sure that in the near future somebody just cut it off
because it can break everything, so if we can't remove it - we can
(should) improve
it a bit. Why not (think in a background that dbus already has an auth
and we have to live with it, but it's a less flexible that it could
be)?