tutorial for Windows

Vincent Torri vincent.torri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 06:01:09 PST 2011

Hey,

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:04 AM, Romain Pokrzywka
<romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com>wrote:

> On Monday 28 February 2011 12:07:40 Vincent Torri wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Romain Pokrzywka
> > <romain.pokrzywka at kdab.com
> >
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Vincent,
> > >
> > > If you just want to make sure the bus starts up correctly, you can open
> > > console and go to the bin folder where dbus
> > > was build, then try running:
> >
> > they are in my PATH.
> >
> > > dbus-daemon.exe --session
> >
> > done
> >
> > > which starts up the bus, then :
> > >
> > > dbus-monitor
> > >
> > > It should print out some info, that means your bus is up and running,
> and
> > > ready to register services objects.
> >
> > actually, no. I have:
> >
> > $ dbus-monitor.exe
> > Failed to open connection to session bus: Failed to get autolaunch
> address
> > from launched dbus-daemon
> >
> > in the Task manager, I see one dbus-daemon launch by dbus-daemon.exe
> > --session. Then when i launch bus-monitor.exe, I see 2 others
> > dbus-daemon.exe processes, one terminated almost immediatly (so it
> remains
> > 2 dbus-daemon.exe processes running).
> >
> > That's all I can say.
>
> Thanks for the info.
> Weird, that sounds like dbus-monitor was built with a different version
> than dbus-daemon. The symptoms you describe
> indicate that dbus-monitor doesn't recognize the running daemon, which is
> normally a built-in mechanism.
> I suppose you don't have any other dbus builds in your path, or previous
> installations, and that you didn't modify the
> file etc/session.conf  ?

I have no other dbus installation. It didn't even know there was a
session.conf. This file is located /usr/local/etc/dbus-1

> Otherwise it sounds like a problem related to the options passed (or not)
> when building dbus. Can you provide us with
> the following :
>
> - which source version you used (1.4.x ?)

1.4.6

> - what build tool you used : cmake or automake

autotools

> - which command line options you passed it

--with-xml=libxml

I have libxml2, and there was no error messages during configuration. Should
I use expat ?

Vincent Torri