dbus-send hands on & no return

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Tue May 17 13:26:43 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 2:44 AM, rain blue <b123114 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have some issues that when i use DBUS.
> I write a system daemon by Dbus session.
> It will provide 4 interface & 8x API for all GUI.
> But when system run 8 h.r. or 10 h.r
> My Dbus will disappear.

The system or session bus crashes?

> ex: dbus-send --session --print-reply --dest=org.xxxx.xxxx /org/xxxx/xxxx
> org.xxxx.xxxx.xxx
> It will hands on this command & no return.

Hang?  Can you get a stack trace via e.g. "gstack"?  Or find out what
system call it's stuck on ("strace" works for this, or since you're
using Linux, just cat /proc/pid/wchan).

What seems very likely to me is your service simply isn't sending a
reply, and since you've specified --print-reply, the command will hang
until the timeout.