org.freedesktop.DBus.Hello

bartolome moreno bartolome_34_680 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:16:10 PST 2011

Hello,

can anybody help me to understand what is the pourpose of the following interface:
org.freedesktop.DBus.HelloWhenever I try to use it (only for curious) I see the following error:

Error: Already handled an Hello message

I don't understand the spec descritption:

"
Before an application is able to send messages to other applications
          it must send the org.freedesktop.DBus.Hello message
          to the message bus to obtain a unique name. If an application without
          a unique name tries to send a message to another application, or a
          message to the message bus itself that isn't the
          org.freedesktop.DBus.Hello message, it will be
          disconnected from the bus.
"
Thanks a lot
Bart