returning properties

Mike Gorse mgorse at suse.com
Thu Oct 20 17:54:44 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I just noticed that some code I wrote using gdbus is returning a property
as a struct inside a variant, even when there is only one piece of data
being returned. Gdbus seems to enforce this behavior, unless I am using it
incorrectly. When reading properties, do bindings generally expect a
struct within a variant, or is a single piece of data generally encoded
directly into a variant, or is either approach generally accepted? It is
different from what I am doing in at-spi2-atk, anyway, so I'm wondering if
that code should be changed, or if the gdbus behavior would be considered
a bug, or if I am misusing gdbus, or what.

Thanks for any help.

-Mike G-