Dbus doesnt works with HAL without X

Robert Jobbagy jobbagy.robert at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:37:44 PDT 2011

Thanks your answer.

Everything clear now, sorry I misunderstand some things earlier.

I have a question, how can I register own interface to system bus?
Because if I use dbus-monitor --system when I see signal and I would like
catch it with own interface.
I need to use system bus because I don't have X when watch these signals.

Thanks your help.

2011/9/13 Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>

> On Tuesday, 13 de September de 2011 15.11.49, Robert Jobbagy wrote:
> > It's okay, but if check attachment you can see that it's different
>
> That's irrelevant. D-Bus by itself doesn't do anything to your CD or DVD
> drive.
>
> Other programs might. Those other programs might be using D-Bus. But that's
> not a reason to ask in this mailing list. You need to identify what those
> other programs might be and talk to their developer lists.
>
> > signal sender=:1.2 -> dest=(null destination) serial=136
> > path=/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/storage_model_CDDVDW_SH_S223B;
> > interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=PropertyModified
> >    int32 1
> >    array [
> >       struct {
> >          string "storage.removable.media_available"
> >          boolean false
> >          boolean false
> >       }
> >    ]
> >
> > and this is useless for me.
>
> Seems like HAL is telling you that a CD/DVD device was found and that there
> are media available in that drive.
>
> Why is it useless?
>
> > and after called our dbus-java class when watch dbus signals
> >

> > maybe I don't set something enviroment variable or something else what
> when
> > x init run set ?
>
> From what I can tell, it's working properly.
>
> In both cases, you connect to the bus. If you were having problems with
> that,
> we could help you. You're not having problems with that, so our job here is
> done.
>
> If you need help using those daemons, you need to contact the mailing lists
> for them and ask people there for help.
>
> I don't know if you know this, but HAL is no longer in development. You
> should
> upgrade to UDisks before asking any questions.
>
> --
>      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Best Regards,

Robert