DBus for LSB

Robert Schweikert rjschwei at suse.com
Tue Apr 17 10:39:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

For the next LSB release (LSB 5.0) the LSB work group would like to
include DBus in the LSB. For this to heppen we need to figure out what
interfaces and commands should be included in the LSB. The target
version for inclusion would be DBus 1.4

Taking a look at openSUSE 11.4 I found 333 interfaces marked as GLOBAL
in the library. But I didn't find any documentation of the interfaces on
the DBus site. I was probably looking the the wrong place, thus if
someone can point me in the right direction, that would be great. Also,
should all the 333 interfaces be in the LSB, and if not what would be
the best candidates for LSB inclusion?

On the DBus site I found the following commands documented:

dbus-daemon, dbus-send, dbus-monitor, dbus-launch, and dbus-uuidgen

on openSUSE the dbus-launch command does not exist. Is this also common
on other distributions?

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead