Announcing dbus 1.4.18

Simon McVittie simon.mcvittie at
Mon Feb 13 12:03:17 PST 2012

1.5.10 will follow soon, perhaps tomorrow. I'm trying to clear up
pending branches and head towards a 1.6.x stable branch: as always, help
is appreciated, and in particular, reviews are needed.
<> and
<> are the review

The "snow in Brussels" release.

• Allow all configured auth mechanisms, not just one (fd.o #45106,
  Pavel Strashkin)

• Improve cmake build system (Ralf Habacker):
  · simplify XML parser dependencies (fd.o #41027)
  · generate build timestamp (fd.o #41029)
  · only create batch files on Windows
  · fix option and cache syntax
  · add help-options target
  · share with autotools rather than having our
    own version (fd.o #41033)

• Build tests successfully with older GLib, as found in e.g. Debian 6
  (fd.o #41219, Simon McVittie)

• Build documentation correctly if man2html doesn't support filenames on
  its command-line (fd.o #43875, Jack Nagel)

• Unix-specific:
  · Avoid a highly unlikely fd leak (fd.o #29881, Simon McVittie)
  · Don't close invalid fd -1 if getaddrinfo fails (fd.o #37258,
  · Don't touch ~/.dbus and ~/.dbus-keyrings when running 'make
    installcheck' (fd.o #41218, Simon McVittie)

• Windows-specific:
  · Find the dbus-daemon executable next to the shared library
    (fd.o #41558; Jesper Dam, Ralf Habacker)