Dbus can it support server to multi end users.

Peter Dolding oiaohm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 18:39:25 PST 2012

I will explain what I am upto.  I am looking at hooking auditd/audisp
to a end users widget.

I do not want to be polling because this could equal very big scaling problem.

The process I wish to use is.  widget calls dbus registering to wishes
to recieve auditd/audisp messages.

The application in audisp filters message to what each user should
sees then sends to registered parties.

To be very clear registered parties end user side must not poll this.
This is up to audisp program to send.

The reason for doing this is to end the selinux and smack silent
failure.  So fixing one failure must not create another.   Remember
when a selinux or smack system is running perfect there should
basically be no selinux or smack messages being recored by auditd so
not triggering audisp.  So widget should most sit there are sleep this
is why polling is not a option.

The same register to be informed possible could be used with cups as
well and other items.

I see a lot of dbus examples going the other way.  Many from user to
single in system.  I need single in system to many end users.

This registration with auditd/audisp is really the first step because
once you can inform user that like the file they placed in there
public html folder does not match system policy they can either take
corrective issue or give system admin very clear message what the
issue is.

Peter Dolding