PANotConnected: Connection to PulseAudio daemon not established

Tanu Kaskinen tanuk at iki.fi
Sat Feb 25 00:26:20 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 17:12 +0100, Fabrice DELENTE wrote:
> > Getting ConsoleKit working is the recommended thing here, to avoid
> > having to add yourself to 47 assorted groups to get all the desired
> > privileges for a local user.
>
> Thanks for your answer, even though it raises more trouble than it
> solves: I have spent the whole afternoon looking in docs about dbus
> and policykit, and I haven't been able to find relevant information as
> to how I give permission to a user for accessing the bluetooth stack.
>
> Is there anywhere a step-by-step practical tutorial that explains
> without too much technical terms how I can edit the policykit/dbus
> conf files?

I don't know about policykit. If you have a
similar /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf as Debian has, i.e. it has a
section like this:

  <policy group="bluetooth">
    <allow send_destination="org.bluez"/>
  </policy>

then just adding your user to the bluetooth group should do the trick,
if all you want to do is allow that user to send messages to the
"org.bluez" destination.

--
Tanu