Loadable security modules for D-Bus

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jan 9 08:21:28 PST 2012

On Monday, 9 de January de 2012 17.09.30, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Well, for that a call like check_security() or something with that being
> implemented in a new security.c or so should suffice. check_security()
> would then be a series of #ifdef for the various systems...
>
> I think it would make sense not to sprinkle the entire code base with
> code for the various security subsystems, but I think it is fine to have
> a single file that contains all the security calls wrapped in #ifdef.

I agree with that. That's what I meant in the other email.

We do not need loadable modules.

A question left is how does one declare the security configuration options. Are
they <security> tags whose attributes are processed by the security.c file? Or
are there multiple tags?
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358