dbus-python, signals and mainloop

Eudes Elie eudes.elie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 08:17:11 PST 2012

Hello,

I am facing a problem.

I try to use remotly some dbus interfaces (linux -> remote_dbus_device)
with a reboot in the same python script :

- create dbus session + mainloop (see tutorial dbus python)
- making some stuff, and invoking the mainloop.run()
- reboot the remote device
- close dbus session
- create dbus session + mainloop
- try to making some stuff, and invoking the mainloop.run()
=> python generates a seg fault

The issue is coming from the mainloop object :
When the code does not invoke the mainloop, there is no crash.

How can I close/delete the mainloop in my python code ?
or
How handle a dbus mainloop on a remote device, when rebooting this device ?

Thanks
Eudes