D-Bus implemented as a p2p net

Alberto Mardegan mardy at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 28 01:22:12 PST 2012

Hi all!
  Some time ago I uploaded to the wiki a document about a possible
implementation of D-Bus as a p2p net, where messages are directly
exchenged between clients while the D-Bus deamon is used only to track
them and host the match rules.
I had it read by a few friends, and now I'd like to share it with a
larger public:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusP2P

I would like to read your comments about the feasibility of the idea, in
case I overlooked some important detail. Once all questions have been
cleared, and if there is some interest around it, we should think of how
to build a demonstration and hopefully convince the rest.

I do understand that proposing such big changes without any bits of code
is not going to gain a lot of credibility, but unfortunately my spare
time is very limited, and all what I could do so far is write that page.
Of course, your feedback could push me to invest more time on it, or
forget it forever. :-)

Looking forward for your replies,
  Alberto

--