Netlink-based D-Bus

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Tue Mar 20 08:49:56 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 19:10 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 13:04 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Just published a blog entry[1] about some recent work we have been doing
> > at Collabora to optimize D-Bus. So could you please have a look and
> > comment on it?
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > [1] http://blogs.gnome.org/rodrigo/2012/02/27/d-bus-optimizations/
> >
> after some (failed) discussion on the linux-netdev mailing list, here's
> a 2nd blog post about the situation:
>
> http://blogs.gnome.org/rodrigo/2012/03/07/d-bus-optimizations-ii/
>
> so, could you please have a look at it and comment?

after some feedback and investigation, here's a plan for a new transport
for D-Bus, based on Netlink:

http://blogs.gnome.org/rodrigo/2012/03/20/netlink-based-d-bus/

any feedback would be appreciated, as we are starting the implementation
as we speak and would like to have all the details covered if possible.

cheers