[Connect to remote system bus]

Krzysztof Konopko krzysztof.konopko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 01:00:01 PDT 2013

Hi Krisztian,

You can connect to a remote bus over TCP.  This requires that you configure
the bus on your embedded system by adding the following to the
configuration file (I chose port 5000):
cat <<-EOF > /etc/dbus-1/system.d/tcp.conf

<busconfig>
  <listen>tcp:host=localhost,bind=*,port=5000</listen>
</busconfig>

EOF

and then after rebooting your embedded system, on your desktop you
refer to it with the following address:

DBUS_SYSTEM_BUS_ADDRESS="tcp:host=<ip address>,port=5000"

If you want to run dbus-monitor, it'd look like this:

dbus-monitor --address "tcp:host=<ip address>,port=5000"

I'm writing off top of my head so you might want to take it as a hint only.

Hope this helps,

Kris