Debugging dbus communication

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Wed May 8 16:20:55 PDT 2013

I assume this is what I'm looking for:

method call sender=:1.1263 -> dest=org.freedesktop.DBus serial=7
path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus;
member=AddMatch
   string "type='signal',interface='ca.desrt.dconf.Writer',path='/ca/desrt/dconf/Writer/user',arg0path='/org/gnome/desktop/screensaver/'"

Correct?

Also, based on what I've read the sender is randomly-assigned client
ID that I cannot trace back.  Still, is there any way to know what
processes operate behind those IDs?

Thanks in advance!

László Monda <http://monda.hu>