C++ Bindings

Jonathan Nichols jonny5cents at gmail.com
Fri May 10 11:20:24 PDT 2013

Hello,

    I'm starting to evaluate whether dbus is the right solution for my
project.  As I understand it, rather than trying to build an application
directly on top of libdbus, I should use one of the bindings found here:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings

    There are two recommended C++ bindings, dbus-c++ and dbus-cxx.  Is one
of these particularly recommended over the other?  I noticed that the last
release of dbus-cxx was over 3 years ago, so I'm wondering if it is still
actively being maintained.

    Also, what is particularly painful about building an application on top
of libdbus itself?  It seems that I may be faced with the choice of using a
potentially buggy binding which is no longer maintained, or using the core
library which might make implementation more difficult.  Its not
immediately clear to me which way to go at this point.

Regards,

jon