Starting the kdbus discussions

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Thu Jan 2 11:24:36 PST 2014

On Mon, 2013-12-30 at 04:50 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Well, it's not that different from today. On Fedora at least we ship a
> systemd service file each for all bus-activated system service these days,

If you're talking about the entire Fedora collection of packages, I
doubt that's true.   If you're talking about the "default install", I
hope so.

But regardless I think it's likely that kdbus will need to support bus
activation via legacy service files.  The thing is that I'm sure there
exist services that use GDBus, and they'll be transparently ported to
kdbus.  It would be confusing if all of a sudden they had to also
install systemd units.

I don't understand why the generator would only be applicable to the
proxy case?