Presenting User Session Work (was: Starting the kdbus discussions)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Jan 7 12:36:27 PST 2014

On sábado, 4 de janeiro de 2014 12:39:49, Ted Gould wrote:
> But I do feel like we should be talking about our application
> confinement story outside of UDS (where it's been for the last couple of
> years).  I submitted a talk to LCA, but it got rejected, which I don't
> disagree with because it doesn't quite fit.  But where should it fit?
> It seems like we don't have a good user space conference today.  I'd
> love to see something like +ACI-FD.o Desktop Summit,+ACI but not as a
> replacement for GUADEC and aKademy because that didn't work well for
> either of those communities.

I've been thinking of getting that conference off the ground for two years,
ever since it became clear there would never be a Desktop Summit again, but I
don't have the time to organise it.

Currently, the best alternative is to extend the Plumbers conference to higher
levels in the stack. Some of us approached the organisation in 2013 and they
said "sure, if you can bring the speakers".

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358