Starting the kdbus discussions

Karol Lewandowski k.lewandowsk at samsung.com
Fri Jan 10 06:22:20 PST 2014

On 01/03/2014 01:59 PM, Simon McVittie wrote:
> On 30/12/13 21:02, Kay Sievers wrote:
>> That's a link I have. Seems not updated, it's unlikely to work with
>> the current kdbus, a more recent development might happen somewhere
>> else:
>>   https://review.tizen.org/git/?p=platform/upstream/dbus.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/kdbus-dev
>
> If you have contacts/influence among the Samsung people you mentioned
> were doing this, please remind them that until/unless this gets merged
> in dbus.git, it's their fork and they get to keep both pieces; and
> until/unless it's proposed on bugs.freedesktop.org, it isn't going to be
> reviewed, much less merged.

We are very aware of this.  Please note that public discussion
about kdbus started very recently (on 27th of December, to be
precise).  Before that date kdbus was changing rapidly and there
was little point in discussing, not to say proposing patches
when ground underneath was changing every day.

dbus.git is available in open but, unfortunately, it's not yet
ready for upstreaming.  There are numerous issues[1] that need
to be addressed first before one can try start pushing dbus-kdbus
changes upstream.

 [1] From the top of my head - first it has to be reworked for
     newest kdbus. Next, gvariant support has to be introduced.
     Then, libdbus and dbus-deamon changes need to be separated
     and cleaned up.

Cheers,
Karol